General terms and conditions
§ 1 Scope of application
§ 2 Scope of services
(1) The App enables presentations of advertisements on the lockscreen when Users turn on their mobile devices from sleep mode. The display then shows an advertisement as the start screen that is loaded by MyLockscreen on behalf of an advertising partner. Users can arrive at their accustomed lockscreen by pulling the slider to the right or left (e.g. to enter their PIN), and by tapping on the advertisement Users come to the content of the advertisement presented to them on the lockscreen (e.g. to the website of the advertising partner).
(2) Users declare themselves to be in agreement with advertising partners of MyLockscreen displaying advertising on the Users’ mobile devices.
(3) Users have no claim to using the App or to the presentation of specific advertisements or a specified amount of advertisement displays.
(2) An internet connection is a prerequisite for using the App. Use of the App may incur costs for the internet connection the amount of which depends on the provider. This especially applies in foreign countries. Roaming costs maybe higher than the revenue from the use of the App.
(3) The App requires an average of 10 MB of memory on mobile devices.
(4) The App is only available on Android enabled devices. The use of automatic processes to generate credit (e.g. by programming a script or automating gestures for unlocking) is prohibited.
(5) The MyLockscreen terms of registration apply.
(6) Users may end use of the App at any time by deleting it from their mobile device.
§ 4 Costs and remuneration
(1) Use of the App is free of charge for Users.
(2) Users receive remuneration for every display of advertising on their screen. The amount of the remuneration is limited per calendar day. Payments are made at the end of each month to Users who have collected credit of at least three euros on their virtual account. Otherwise the credit continues to exist until this amount has been reached.
(3) Transfers are to european bank accounts or to european PayPal accounts. A maximum of three Users may be registered per bank account.
§ 5 Liability
The statutory warranty rights exist for our services provided that nothing to the contrary is agreed upon in the following:
(1) We are liable regardless of the legal basis as follows:
a) Should damages occur to you by using services provided free of charge, we are only liable, aside from the regulation according to letter b, provided that your damages resulted from using the free service in accordance with the Agreement and only in the case of intent and gross negligence.
b) The above limitations on liability shall not apply to damages from violating a guarantee or from injury to life, body, or health, and for fraudulent intent as well as mandatory statutory liability for product defects.
(2) Provided that liability towards us is excluded or limited, this shall also apply to the personal liability of our legal representatives and vicarious agents.
§ 6 Data protection
§ 7 Final provisions
(1) The law of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply exclusively. The United Nations Convention on the Sale of International Goods dated April 11, 1980 (CSIG) shall not apply. Mandatory provisions of the country in which you have your habitual place of abode remain unaffected.
(2) Should individual provisions of these General Terms and Conditions be or become ineffective, it shall not affect the effectiveness of the remaining provisions.
Terms of registration
(1) Use of the MyLockscreen App for mobile devices (in the following the “App”) is free of charge. No entitlement for admission to the platform exists.
(2) Every User must provide the following data during registration: email address, postal code of their place of residence, date of birth, and gender. If Users would like to receive remuneration according to the terms of remuneration for displaying advertising, it is necessary to provide the Users’ complete name as well as their email address provided that the remuneration is made to a German PayPal account. When providing banking information, Users must provide their full name and German banking information.
(4) Every User has the opportunity to store various data on their User account. Users are obligated to truthfully provide these data, to always keep the data in their member profile current, and subsequently enter relevant changes immediately. All changes can be made in the App in the User’s own account under the settings menu item.
(5) Every User of the App may only open one account. Member accounts are not transferable.
(6) In the event of violations of these terms, we reserve the right to exclude specific Users from using the App.
Terms of remuneration
(1) Use of the MyLockscreen App for mobile devices (in the following the “App”) is free of charge.
(2) Users are compensated for every advertisement displayed on their mobile devices. This shall apply regardless of whether Users type on the advertisement or make it disappear by pulling the slider to the right/left. The current compensation amount can be seen here at any time.
(3) A limited number of advertisement displays are made per calendar day by MyLockscreen on Users’ mobile devices. The current maximum amount can be seen here at any time.
(4) Users may view the current amount of income that they have achieved at any time in the App under the account menu item.
(5) Payments of the credit are made at the beginning of each month for the month that has been finished to the PayPal or bank account provided by the User provided that the credit has exceeded an amount of three euros. Otherwise the gathered amount remains credited to the account.
(6) If Users close their account, the credit existing at the time shall be transferred to them at that time to the account specified by the User.
These terms have been translated from German language. In case of clarification issues the german version of these terms applies.